Sunday, August 15, 2010

Dress Rehearsal

Wow, guys. Just... wow. Can we talk about how beautiful the course I'm racing in two weeks is? Cause it's just... breathtaking! 9 miles flew by this morning in nothing flat!

Speaking of nothing flat, there is literally NOTHING FLAT about this course! I literally climbed nonstop for almost 4 whole miles. Check out the elevation map!


Brian and I did 9 of the 13 miles, sticking pretty close to the actual course. There were a few little trails and creek crossings that were not bike legal (or very bike friendly), but for the most part I think I have a pretty good feel for what I'm in for in two weeks. Check it out:




My cute photographer:


Run Stats!
  • Total Distance: 9.02mi
  • Total Time: 1:24:09
  • Average Pace: 9:19min/mi
Obviously, trail running forces you to slow down a little in order to be more aware of where you put your feet, but overall I'm pretty pleased with this pace. I was actually planning to run a bit slower on race day, but if I'll be happy if I don't have to!

Brian has only ever joined me on foot for shorter runs. This was the first time he has seen me really put in some distance. He was a great cheerleader when the elevation got steep and at the end of the run kept saying, "You are awesome! You just ran 9 miles! I can't believe it! You are seriously so intense!"

Why yes, as a matter of fact, I am.