Thursday, October 14, 2010

Let's Be Honest

Look, I know this is a food/health blog, but I'm really into fashion too. My favorite TV shows? Top Chef and Project Runway. And I think I get more excited about Project Runway. The judges are so snarky, I totally love it. And I wish Tim Gunn was my gay best friend and could tell me when I looked a hot mess.


Anyway, imagine my surprise/joy when, in last week's challenge, our intrepid designers had to concoct an outfit for Heidi Klum's new "athletic" line for New Balance!




I put "athletic" in quotation marks because there is no way I could work out in any of those clothes, but they would be pretty fabulous for the dream job I have that involves lounging on my couch, drinking coffee, and writing a cookbook. Or a young adult novel. Or a newspaper column. Pretty much anything but a blog, really.

I digress. I was not thrilled that Andy won the challenge because I don't like him, but I was thrilled with the hoodie that he designed. I turned to B and said, "I will wear that. I want that. Please."


Then I went to DC and forgot all about it.

Until today, when instead of grading quizzes on my prep period, I was struck with an undeniable desire to find that hoodie.


Find it I did. For $158! WTF Heidi Klum for New Balance?!

I'm going to be honest and say that I have a hard time paying over $100 for running shoes, let alone a hoodie. That is kind of see through. That I totally would not work out in.

Even though it is totally adorable. And I still kind of want it.

Maybe Christmas? If I ask for nothing else?