Monday, August 30, 2010

Stuff and.... Stuff

Work Stuff
Sometimes I look around my classroom and think, "How awesome/weird/hard/fulfilling/frustrating/inspiring is my job?!" Sometimes I think all of those things at once. Today my students designed a logo that incorporated three positive aspects of their life and then wrote a well-organized paragraph explaining each aspect. It was so fun to watch them work and be creative and think about the things in their lives that make them unique.

Relationship Stuff
My friend Cindy (I've known her since elementary school!) just celebrated her 1-year anniversary with her sweet husband, Daniel. She had some incredibly profound things to say about marriage that I think are great for everyone, whether you are married or in a committed relationship or single. Thanks, Cindy!

Half Marathon Stuff
Thanks for all your congratulatory comments on my first half marathon yesterday! I'm still gathering my thoughts and promise a recap within the week. The good news? I told my students today that even though it was so hard, I am planning to do another one!

Food Stuff
For dinner tonight, I made Stuffed Eggplant with steamed green beans from the in-laws' garden. Clearly I'm really running with this "stuff" theme.


It was.... OK. It's missing something, but I'm not sure what it is. I imagine the leftovers will be pretty legit, though. Leftovers always rock. Once I work out the recipe kinks, I'll be sure to post it here.

Tonight I am alternating between reading "Mockingjay," grading vocabulary tests, and watching either last week's Bachelor Pad or Buffy on Netflix. Really, I'm just enjoying sitting for an extended period of time. I don't think I've ever enjoyed sitting as much as I do right now!