- Total Mileage: 7mi
- Total Time: 1:01
- Average Pace: 8:45min/mi (whoohoo!! I think this is pretty great for a longer run!)
I am staying with my parents right now while Brian is out of town (again!) so I ran from their house to the local high school (~1.5mi) and then ran the track for 4 miles before heading back home. I haven't done any training on the track in a long time, but I compiled a list of pros and cons as I ran.
- Easier on the joints! The high school has an all-weather track and it felt nice on my knees and ankles. So springy!
- I could zone out and not worry about how far I had run and how much farther I still had to go. I knew I had to complete 4 miles, so I just set my Nike+ and ran until it told me to stop. Nice.
- I didn't have to carry my water with me. I've been wearing a hydration belt because the half-mary is an "eco" race and they are requiring that we carry our own water bottles. I don't mind the belt, but I definitely prefer not to wear it. At the track, I just set it down alongside the track and came back to it whenever I needed it.
- Boring! Although it was nice to just zone out and run, it was also hard to ignore the fact I was just going around and around and around... Blah.
- No shade! I ran pretty early, but it was still getting pretty sunny by the time I hit the pavement to get back home. I forgot to put on any sunscreen (because I usually run on a pretty shady trail) and I definitely had a little sunburn on my shoulders when I get home.
In general though, it was a welcome change and allowed me to push my pace a little bit. I was happy!
I came home, did a little Yoga for Runners, and enjoyed this delicious breakfast:
Overnight Oatmeal Pancake topped with peanut butter and fresh berries, a Green Monster, some leftover coffee from earlier, and tons of H20, of course! In this GM:
- 1 cup spinach
- 1/2 banana
- handful of frozen peach slices
- 1/2 cup fruit juice (my parents had some V-8 Fusion, so I tossed that in)
- 1T chia seeds
For dinner, we had delicious grilled veggies, grilled ham and cheese panini with fresh basil and dijon vinaigrette, and fresh pineapple. Yum!
I am simply quivering in anticipation of tomorrow's World Cup Final match-up between Spain and Holland! Who are you rooting for? (I'll still pretend to like you if you say Holland!)
Here are some more questions for ya!
- Where do you prefer to run? Track, trail, through the neighborhood?
- Do you ever get bored with your route? What do you do to mix things up?