Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Gearing Up

Happy Wednesday, friends!

I have a confession: during the summer, I tend to completely forget what day of the week it is. Maybe my teacher readers out there will understand this, but what use do I have for days of the week during the summer when every day is pretty much just like the day before?!

My hope is to get back into a normal cooking/running/blogging schedule here, but that probably won't actually happen until August. Brian comes home from Chicago tomorrow, but then we are off on a mini-weekend-vacation this weekend and will be leaving for Hawaii next weekend! So you'll probably just be seeing lots of runs and restaurant stuff. Maybe not so bad?

Yesterday I did a sweaty and sluggish 5-mile run at my parents' house. Again, I ran to the high school track, ran the track for a while, and then ran back home. I slept in a little too late though, so it was hot, hot, hot by the time I got home. Here are the run stats:
  • Total Mileage: 5mi
  • Total Time: 43:58
  • Average Pace: 8:47min/mi
I'm thinking about spinning today, but I'm also thinking that my body is tired and I have a lot to do around the house so... time will tell.

For breakfast this morning, I microwaved an egg white with a little mozzarella cheese and had it on top of a sandwich thin and some slices of a tomato from our CSA box. It was delicious and a nice change to the toast and PB/banana breakfast that I usually have.

Lots to do today, including planning a trip to DC for October. I've never been! Where should I stay/what should I do??

Note: this is a major girls' weekend with my fabulous friend, sorority sister, bridesmaid, and female soul-mate, Bethany

on a Duck Tour in Boston



"Chaperoning" Winter Camp

Looking forward to hearing your suggestions!


3 comments:

  1. great job on your run! i did 7kms (4.5miles?) yesterday but it was tough. (my quad is being weird.) at least it's winter in Sydney and i don't have to run in the heat!

    (sorry, i don't have any suggestions for your trip. if you're ever in Australia though i'll be glad to help:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, I grew up just an hour outside of DC. There are so many great great FREE things to do in DC, like the zoo and museums, but they may not be suitable for a girls trip. Unless you are all into history and science! Georgetown has an array of great shopping, spas, restaurants, and hotels, so you may want to check that out. Lots of boutique places that have always been out of my price range, but fun to look at. And since you are going in October, I suggest a drive south (Charlottesville area) to check out a winery in Virginia. The fall colors will be in full swing and they are incredibly beautiful. Oh how I miss the south sometimes :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. One thing you could do in DC is call Trav and see if he can play tour guide, (you know he'd LOVE it!) if he's still there. lmk if you need his number.
    hugs...k

    ReplyDelete