Friday, July 16, 2010

Nut Butter Magic

Today was a rest day before my 9-mile run tomorrow, so I steam cleaned our carpets.
It wasn't much of a rest day! We rented one of these babies from Safeway and I went to town!

For $33 my carpets are definitely cleaner and I can stop cringing every time I walk in the front door. I also got a serious lower back workout. All in all, a successful morning.

What I didn't take into account when planning to steam clean the carpets, was that the carpets would then be wet for 3-4 hours afterwards.... 

We sat out on the porch reading for a while, but it was a little cramped since a lot of the furniture was out there with us.
Then we decided to run a few totally unnecessary errands, like getting a snack at Yogurtland.

We are spoiled lucky enough to have not one, but two Yogurtlands within a five mile radius of our apartment. I tried the new Lemonade Passion Fruit Tart yogurt with fresh strawberries and kiwis (and a little coconut yogurt on the side). Awesome. Totally my new favorite yogurt. Brian tried the new Chocolate Coconut Truffle, which was also pretty delish.
When we got back (after several more unnecessary stops at Trader Joe's, Pier 1, and Cost Plus), the carpet was dry enough for me to get back into the kitchen and whip up some almond butter!

I doubled Ashley's Roasted Maple Cinnamon Almond Butter recipe. Mmmm, nut butter deliciousness. How cool is it that almonds can go from this:
To this:
Right before our very eyes?! It's like magic! Food is so cool!

Right now I'm sipping an iced latte that Brian brought me to distract me from the fact that he left the house to get a haircut and came back with Coheed & Cambria comic books (and no haircut!).

Here's a teaser for what's coming next! I'll just let you imagine how yummy our house smells right now...