Saturday, October 2, 2010

Birthday Dinner: Zibibbo

I woke up this morning and it was super overcast! B informed me that it rained around 4am when he was (inexplicably) awake thinking about teaching Physics. I was stuffed from our birthday dinner last night, so I took a stroll around our apartment before making breakfast.



Last night, I took B to Zibibbo in Palo Alto for dinner. I was really excited to try a new restaurant but as soon as we walked in,  I realized I had eaten there before - when I was in high school!


Zibibbo has a really yummy seasonal pan-Mediterranean menu and is inside a renovated Victorian mansion in downtown Palo Alto.


We opted to sit in the outside garden (with a huge roaring fireplace!)  and started with an antipasti plate:


Fried risotto, artichoke dolmas, and roasted beets with goat cheese.


We could have eaten fried risotto all night long!

For dinner, I got the Summer Gnocchi with peas, green beans, and tomatoes.


B got the Alaskan Halibut.


For dessert we shared a Banana Brioche Bread Pudding. When they set it on the table, B said, "No pictures! Just eating!" I didn't argue.

The food was incredible and surprisingly affordable. We will definitely be back!

We are headed to Santa Cruz later today to celebrate the birthday boy with my in-laws. I also have 130 tests to grade. No biggie. :)