Sunday, September 5, 2010

Best Intentions

Sometimes things don't go quite the way you've planned.

Despite my best intentions to make roasted chickpea tacos (B's favorite) on Friday night, I got home and realized I was out of chili powder. We ended up getting burgers and sweet potato fries at The Counter instead.

B's burger - blue cheese, bacon, red onion, scallions
My burger - herb goat cheese, sprouts, grilled onions
Despite our best intentions to spend yesterday evening at an art museum and then get a nice dinner, we ended up at a friend's house playing MarioKart and eating chicken wings. I also may have had 3 glasses of wine...

As a result, I was feeling a little groggy this morning and figured that while I made almond butter, I should finally sample and review some of the awesome tea that my friends at Shui Tea sent me last week and, despite my best intentions, I hadn't gotten around to trying yet.

We started with the Outta Bed, an Indian Black Tea which has about half as much caffeine as a cup of coffee.


It wasn't especially fragrant in the pouch, but once steeped it was flowery and well-balanced.

My nerdy caffeine mug from the Boston Science Museum
I added a teeny-tiny bit of sugar because I tend to find black teas a little bitter for my taste. It was really yummy. Brian loved it too (he's more of a tea aficionado than I am). Could definitely see myself enjoying this in the morning!

Tea #2 this morning was Forest Spice Swagger.



One word: YUM. Hands-down favorite! This tea is a Guayusa from Ecuador with 15% more caffeine than a cup of coffee! I really loved the flavors of lemongrass and cinnamon. Despite the caffeine content, this flavor seemed very "relaxing" to me. I loved it (B did too)!


Both of these teas will be available in my OpenSky shop soon and I have two more to review! Thanks, Shui Tea!

It's no secret that I am a coffee lover, but I really do enjoy tea as well. In fact, tea is my souvenir of choice whenever we go on vacation! I always pick up a really yummy passionfruit tea in Hawaii, I have a great chai blend from Tealuxe in Boston, and every trip to Disneyland results in another tin of the Mad Tea Party Blend (The Unofficial Un-Birthday Tea). I like bringing tea home from vacation because it lasts for a while (unlike, say, chocolate) and is a nice reminder of my trip.

What is your "typical" souvenir pick?