Thursday, September 9, 2010

Off

As much as I love a three-day weekend and four-day workweek, they always leave me feeling a little "off." These last few days at work I have felt like a chicken with her head cut off. I keep misplacing things or, even worse, forgetting things. Yesterday I forgot my lunch! I had to make like a junior high student and call my daddy to make me a sandwich at the deli. Fortunately, I work about 2 miles away from the grocery story my family owns. I made a quick stop to pick up my sammy before they opened, but made it to my classroom about 5 minutes before the bell rang and just felt like I was running late all day!


(Please note that this is also a picture-less post because I left my camera at home. Yes, I occasionally blog at work during my prep. I don't teach my next class until 2 hours from now, so I have a few minutes to spare.)

Moving on... Yesterday I finally broke my exercise fast and went for a run. I know I said I would break in my new sneaks on Tuesday morning but, uh, I never got out of bed. When I got home from work yesterday it was cool and a little breezy and I thought, "This is running weather!" I threw on my shoes and hit the trail.

Run Stats:
  • Total Distance: 3.02mi
  • Total Time: 25:50
  • Average Pace: 8:33min/mi
It felt gooood to get my legs back and to just run because I wanted to and not because I was trying to get in a certain mileage. I like training, but I also sometimes forget how much I just like to run.

Also, the shoes are great! A little looser than my old ones, but that's not exactly bad. They are roomier through the toe box, so I'm hoping for fewer bruised toenails. I've been lucky to not lose a toenail yet, but I don't want to push my luck!

I also got my new yoga DVD in the mail yesterday. Jillian and I are going to yoga meltdown this afternoon! I'll post a review ASAP.

Off to photocopy grammar worksheets and finish grading paragraphs. Happy Thursday!