Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Buzz, Buzz

These were delivered to my classroom yesterday:


As soon as the kids saw them, they got really excited because they knew they were full of:


Macbooks!

We've spend the last several days working on our first "official" essay of seventh grade. We are analyzing the theme of Langston Hughes' "Thank You, Ma'm." It is hard work, but they are doing a great job! I am actually maybe kind of looking forward to reading 130 rough drafts when they get turned in on Monday! Maybe... Kind of...

My desk last November...
If you don't live in California, maybe you don't know how hot it has been lately. I'll sum it up for you: HOT! So freaking unbelievably hot for the last week of September (113 degrees in LA yesterday)! I did not complain this weekend, because I really do love hot weather, but it's been tough at work. You know, 30 sweaty preteen bodies, questionable deodorant application, no AC, a classroom full of Macbooks buzzing away. Yeah. HOT.

This has pretty much thrown all cooking and working out plans into a complete tailspin. However, I plan to get back on track today! It's only (only!) 90 degrees in Campbell, so I think I can manage doing some Yoga Meltdown and abs and sticking a pork tenderloin in the oven. I might even bake some bread. I'll let you know how that all works out.

And finally, today is National Coffee Day! I couldn't let it pass without celebration, so I treated myself after work:


Please note, I went through seven lids before I could finally get one to stay on. It was well worth the effort. 


Happy hump day!