Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Back in the Game

I woke up this morning determined to get back on my running schedule. I can't quit now, the race is too close!

I fueled up with some toast & PB and half a banana and headed out when it was still a little chilly outside. A lot of people have been complaining about California's "summer that wasn't," but this cooler weather has been really nice for training!

5 miles flew by so easily! I took it a little easy but felt really good; my knee is not too painful and I am feeling confident about August 29. Brian and I are even planning a trip to Santa Cruz this weekend (for his Dad's birthday) and I'm going to do my 9-miler on the actual half marathon course!

Run Stats:
  • Total Mileage: 5.01mi
  • Total Time: 45:20
  • Average Pace: 9:02min/mi
Did you notice I broke 200 YTD miles? When did that happen??

When I got home, I cooled off and refueled with a Choco-PB Green Monster.


In the mix:
Today has pretty much been an errands day. I had to go back to the doctor to get my TB test read (Hooray! I don't have tuberculosis!) and then did a little back to school shopping at Target. Right now they have 1-subject college-ruled spiral notebooks on sale for 25 cents, so I bought 100.  I'm starting a new Writer's Notebook program this year in my classroom (based on this incredible book) and it's just easier to have them for the kids on the first day. Now they can't complain about not having any paper!

I definitely have not been sneaking spoonfuls of S'mores FroYo straight out of the container while writing this post. In case you were worried.

Tonight we're celebrating Lindy's birthday with a happy hour in Dublin and tomorrow I have meetings at the District Office all morning. To tide you over until I return, make sure you check out Nicole's Silver Maple giveaway. I want a "Runner Girl" necklace with 13.1 on it!

What would you get?